Thursday, December 21, 2006

You know you've been in Key West too long when...

Here is my cat, sleeping about 3' from a hen and 734 chicks. This morning my neighbor (the same one who mows his grass at 9pm) decided that 6:22 am was an appropriate time to use a pneumatic nail gun. I know it was 6:22am because I had been up since 4:37am with a rooster in our back yard. This same neighbor has been using a tile saw every day for months. Perhaps he is creating a mosaic masterpiece.

No matter, as we are out of here. It's been great, but time to get off the island. We're moving to DES MOINES. Technically, our home will be in Waukee, Iowa, but more on that later. So anyway it's why for the quiet lately. More on Christmas (yet another thing to love about Key West - where else in the world runs our of Christmas trees in the 2nd week of December, and why are artificial crappy ones $200? We have an artificial Christmas topiary. Photos later.) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous redheadedcelticlass said...

I'm curious why you're moving to Waukee, Iowa? I live in Cedar Rapids...Iowa is a great state, but I am looking forward to moving to Florida in 2007. Have a great move and I hope you enjoy your new home.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home